Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Letting Go and Letting God


It finally makes sense to me how each and every thing that happens to us during this journey of life, happens to put us in another place, experience or situation.  Sometimes it is to teach us something.  We are responsible for finding the teaching in it.  Understanding that when the change occurs is difficult, sometimes impossible to understand.  When it comes to love and relationships, I just thought I wasn't good at it and I wasn't good enough.
 
At the tender age of 18, I was engaged and ended up left standing at the alter, so to speak. One week before the planned marriage, my fiancĂ© eloped with his high school sweetheart.  I did not understand why something so tragic would happen to me.  That sort of thing was only heard of on T.V. but it was my life.  Now I see that it was a lesson of trust.  I learned about the value of trust and how important it is. 
 
Years later I found love and married someone who I felt was the perfect companion for me.  Everything about us just seemed to piece together just right.  We spent many years together, 12 to be exact.  We were young and full of life and it seemed as though we were beating the odds.  During a very difficult time our relationship went off track somehow.  When it came time to be truly loyal and unwavering, once again I was abandoned.   I learned the value of loyalty and being strong for one another no matter what the situation.
 
Moving forward I quickly established a relationship that gave me my firstborn daughter.   I learned what integrity and dignity are and how someone can rob you of all of it.  I went through a very challenging time at the end of it all which taught me the value of my own inner strength.
 
I decided that I needed to let go and let God.  I wasn't making the right choices.  I put all of my focus on myself and my daughter and stopped looking for love.  I prayed that God would put the right person in my life.  He answered me faithfully and gave me exactly what I needed and I had another beautiful baby girl. Six years ago I met the person I was meant to spend my life with, it just wasn't on my time.  I feel that the experiences I went through grounded me for this relationship so that I could see what it was like to have trust, loyalty & dignity and to know that they were 100% real.
 
This past week I have been blessed beyond words.  I have been shown what it is to truly be loved unconditionally and to be truly happy.  It is often hard to look back at all of those experiences, places and situations and realize that it was all  part of the plan.  It was all necessary to get me where I am today.  I am exactly where I am supposed to be......... All because I finally let go!

Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment