Friday, July 5, 2013

FREEDOM


Yesterday was a celebration to many.  A time of year when you think of BBQ, outdoors, family & fireworks.  I guess there are many words we could use to describe the 4th of July, but for me, yesterday would be described as "freedom".

After reflecting on the day as a whole, I discovered the meaning  "freedom" had for me yesterday.  It really didn't involve the holiday per say, but a more personal reflection that goes somewhat deeper.

It is often hard for me to not allow myself to be affected by the way someone else behaves, thinks,  talks, and reacts, when there is negativity involved.  I always begin with an attempt to not be sucked in by the forces, but honestly, more often than not, I fail at that attempt.

Yesterday was a day that I just wasn't going allow it to happen and part of that reason was because it was the 4th of July.  My girls were excited about the little things we had planned to do and were looking forward to a happy day filled with fun and excitement.  I realized in order to make it fun and exciting for them, I couldn't cloud my mind with this negativity that was so freely floating around.  I had to be free.

Destined to have a  great day out, I programmed my mind to not accept these things and to allow myself to have "freedom".  Freedom to me was not to be bonded by someone else's feelings and thoughts.  There is no connection and there is no value in that for me.  It is so simply stated, but much harder to do.  I am aware that I have my own choices and I am in control of my own emotions.  So, in the end, I am at fault if I allow others to affect me. 

The day consisted of BBQ, snow cones, the park, Frisbee, ice-cream, naps, laughter & smiles, happiness,  FIREWORKS  and the end of the day was the best  part when I realized I had FREEDOM - in more than one sense of the word!


Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment