Monday, June 3, 2013

The Beginning - Motherhood Overload Much - M.O.M.

New Beginnings are always fun, eye opening, exciting, refreshing and sometimes necessary.  This is one of those beginnings for me.  I am a very grateful mother of two beautiful daughters who are the center of my world.  I have been down many different career paths, mostly being a Paralegal and Senior Management.  I recently was given the opportunity to be a stay-at-home-Mom & have been doing that for a short time.
 
Another lifelong passion of mine is photography, but I never really put two and two together and made it an actual hobby. The more serious I became about it, the more I began to learn and perfect my work.  I can honestly say that I truly love it and have a immense passion for it.  I have had the time to be able to focus on my family and my photography business, which is remarkable!
 
I never dreamed the road to becoming a MOM would be so complex.  There is no true way to foresee everything that the road is paved with, it one of those things in life you must experience to truly understand. It is unbelievably different than anyone really realizes - being a stay-at-home-Mom, that is.  You have this idea that Mom's that stay at home have all the time in the world, they get to do all this fun stuff, eat chocolate all day, interact with kids, belong to various groups, participate in school activities as well as the extra curricular ones.  To top it off..... you have time to exercise and be fit, watch what you eat, fix special meals, shop the best sales, therefore, you are always looking cute, and with all these leisurely activities, you are never stressed or on overload because it is one of the easiest things you could possibly do - right????? WRONG!!!  Wow, did I ever have a shocking surprise.  I think the description I just wrote is the typical "social definition" or what society thinks about being a stay-at-home-Mom. 
 
I am not at all here to complain, rather..... I am here to explain.  I think any Mom who would be reading this can understand my emotion.  There is no greater joy than being able to spend all the time you can raising your kids.  It is the ultimate gift and experience.  I wouldn't go back and change anything about my decision to do it.  It has made me feel complete, not guilty and no striving so hard to try to "make up" for anything.  But, at the same time, when you have been career oriented since graduation, there is a big part of your life that is missing and that is the outside world.
 
Your day is like any other, busy, full of chaos and activity - hour after hour.  I did develop a schedule for my daughter and I to follow.  I broke it down into 1/2 hour and 1 hour time spans.  Even with a schedule, it is truly a rat race.  When you begin and finish something, it is time to move on and do the next thing.  This pattern goes on and on for the entire day.  It is fun, don't get me wrong, but also very exhausting.  Then you also have to remember that you are a wife as well and you can't forget about yourself either.  You have to fit your own personal time into this busy little schedule.  The housework, laundry, grocery store, post office, phone calls, cooking, homework, the list goes on - must be crammed into the schedule as well.  Then there are always those times, that one or both of the girls are sick and usually the end result is you being sick too!  Who has time for that?  This is just really a brief overview of a days work......are you tired yet? ;)
 
So, I decided that I just needed more to do I guess (just kidding, sort of).  Honestly though, I thought perhaps designing a blog would help me to be able to connect and share my experiences with others who have the same common thread.  I am hoping with time that taking the time to reach out will allow me to bond with others who have the same challenges, as well as accomplishments.
 
I thought perhaps it would be therapeutic to connect with others and hold hands through this journey of Motherhood. Because this Mommy is often on overload - hence the name (Motherhood Overload Much).
 
I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment